I have a favourite spot, a coffee shop where I do my work if I’m not working from my office. I had a brief chat the other day with one lady who was taking stock of items in the shop. She indicated that they take stock of food and coffee items daily to manage stock availability and guarantee supply for the next day.
This goes beyond just the next day. It is about throwing out expired items, rearranging those close to expiry dates and generally tidying up what is in store. At the end of the day, she can knock off rest assured about daily movements of what is coming in or out of the shop.
As I thought about you and the start of the new quarter, I realised that the process undertaken by my lady friend is critical for you and your life in general.
I truly believe that if you were to integrate this into your daily, weekly and monthly rhythm, your life will be great at the end of the year.
……and yes you are right my friend, the rest of your life will be guaranteed of abundance.
Maybe it is the right time to pause and ask, how did you perform against your goals in the first quarter of 2018?
Did you see each moment of the last three months?
Is it a case of – what the heck has just happened? How did the first three months disappear so quickly?
If you are truly confused about what just happened, you need to take stock of your life and turn the tide when it still matters. You have not lost time, there’s ample opportunity to those who permit themselves to be.
There’s a favourite quote I came across that says. “the first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are”
You can only know where you are and where you need to be by first taking stock of your current life. Taking stock is about making overall assessment of your situation to gather information sufficient and relevant to make a decision.
I honestly believe that the following questions will help you take stock and move closer to the life you deserve:
1. Do you have goals? Are the activities you’re focusing on moving you closer to your goals?
2. Are you still postponing that nagging feeling about your goals that you know deep down that you must do? Are you covering it in excuses?
3. Are you watching days of other peoples lives while yours is standing still?
4. Are you married to your daily routines that will move you closer to success? How did a week or month go past without you noticing?
5. Who is on your board of directors? Are these people moving you closer to your goals?
6. Is your life driven by the popular view, the dominant logic to the point that you are afraid to stand alone for your goals?
7. Are you in tip-top physical and mental state you promised yourself at the beginning of the year?
8. How many books, articles or audios have you gone through as part of building your industry knowledge?
9. Are you moving closer or far away from your financial freedom you so desire?
10. Do you have a coach to help you move closer to your dreams, aims and aspirations?
I believe these questions if approached seriously, will help you move closer to the life you deserve. You do no one a favour by playing small. Switch off that negative voice inside that tells you that you are not worth it. The best life is within your reach.
Think Big, Dream Wild & Prosper
Tex Hlalele is a life and business coach and inspirational speaker. He is the author of the book, Face The Person In The Mirror. Book coaching and speaking engagements by calling +27 64 6566174 or visit http://bit.ly/dreamsmadepossible.
If you liked this piece, please sign up to receive email correspondence that will come to you once a week.